Claire still hasn't flipped and doesn't seem to show any signs of doing so, therefore we are planning a c-section. Claire should be arriving at 7 a.m. (edited: actually 12:30 p.m.) on February 12, 2009-- exactly a week before my due date. I would prefer to keep her in there a little longer, but this way everyone (meaning Krissy and Katie) can come for the long weekend and I get my husband by my side instead of at work!
Fortunately, this means I only have to deal with this crippling discomfort for SIXTEEN more days. Unfortunately, that means I only have 16 more days of just me, Christopher, Willie and my parents. It's so hard to just try to slow down and enjoy this last little bit when I am so anxious to meet her and not be pregnant anymore, but I am trying my very best. I've channeled all my energy into several fruitless things:
1) Making lists about everything we need for the new house.
2) Making lists of every single item I have found while "shopping" that I want to purchase for the new house; divided by store and then by room.
3) Sorting, folding, sorting again, and folding all of Claire's clothes. I have so, so many cute things (courtesy of many generous and loving people) but I still haven't found "the" perfect outfit for bringing her home. Trust me, I realize how vastly unimportant this is, but like I said, I have way too much nervous energy that has to be channeled into something.
4) Eating. Yes, eating. I reached my ninth month, realized I had been fortunate enough to avoid gaining 70+ pounds like the horror stories I had heard, and lost all self-control. Thankfully, it hasn't started showing on the scale yet... hopefully it will stay that way. I figure this is the last two weeks for a long while that I will feel little to no guilt about a little indulgence, so I may as well indulge. Unfortunately, my "indulgences" are only a few bites at a time since there just isn't much room in there for food.
5) Watching A Baby Story and Bringing Home Baby. Two of the most boring shows ever on television. I dvr them, fast forward through all the boring stuff where they try to give the family some personality (it seems like none of them ever have even a smidgen) and just watch for the cute baby to make its arrival. Then onto the next.
In other news, Chris and I registered at the hospital yesterday and we saw something unlike anything I have ever seen before. My belly button hasn't popped out, instead it did this weird, fold over thing. I can assure you it is not at all attractive, but at least it isn't visible from the outside. This other woman there registering had a belly button that was protruding at least a FULL INCH. I've seen plenty of popped belly buttons, but nothing has ever compared to the beast of a belly button this woman was rocking. For a brief moment, I forgave Claire for the constant heartburn, back aches, and bags under my eyes and thanked her for not destroying my belly button.
7 comments:
That sounds like a perfect birthdate to me. I love the number 12 though so... Isn't it weird to know you have 16 more days of just you and Chris. It will NEVER be like that again. EVER! Treasure it while you can!
Taylor...do you realize who Claire will share a birthday with...the one and only Betsey Holley! I could not think of a better person to share a birthday with! I am so excited to meet her! Good luck with everything!
And Abraham Lincoln. Dont forget honest Abe. Congratulations Taylor! Only 9 short months ago you were sobbing your head off in my apartment and now she's almost here. I love baby Claire already.
how exciting! i know how boring those shows really are! I didnt think they would be that boringfor you! cuz you are about ready to have your baby! Haha girlgood luck w\ everything and if you ever need heLp just call me!
liz-- chris thinks it is cool because he is 6/16 and she will be 2/12. i tried to get in on the pattern with my 10/01 but chris says that doesnt count.
kathryn-- i had no idea, but that is fabulous!!
lauren-- that makes it sound like an unwanted pregnancy :( thanks for putting up with my somewhat hormonal moments... we can't wait for baby anderson as well.
emily-- boring is boring no matter what. thanks for your well wishes.
That is so exciting that it is getting so close!!! So your birthday is October 1st? That is Wade's birthday!!! So how are you feeling, other than COMPLETELY uncomfortable!? :) You need to post at least 1 side shot of how big you are getting, for those of us who haven't seen you in a while! hehe How is the job, house hunting, etc? Keep us posted on baby Claire!
you guys are having your baby in like 3 days!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap! let us know if you need anything. I wish we could help more but we're stuck in Idaho
Post a Comment