1.21.2009
Possibly not homeless?
So here's the deal on the house: The owner of the house we had planned to move in around Christmas has been dragging his feet trying to get together enough money to get his second loan to go away and avoid foreclosure... We knew we were in for a "short sale" aka, a long sale, from the beginning, but it started to get a little frustrating when every week we were promised a new close date. So in the meantime, I got to work finding similar houses in the area in anticipation that this house could never go through. I found a house last week in the same area with amazing views, double the lot size, and a lot cheaper. Chris and I put in an offer on Friday and we found out this morning it was accepted! Seeing how things have gone in the past, I'm trying not to get ahead of myself until the house is actually titled in our names but I'm so excited that this house may be ours! If it doesn't go through I will have to get back to work finding more houses. I hate, hate, hate house hunting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Well that dude that is dragging his feet is LAME!! but hey it sounds like it might be for the better so that could be good... I hope everything goes well with the new offer
that is so exciting you guys! im so glad you guys found a house and double the lot size and cheaper?CRAZY!
I hated house hunting too.
It was super annoying for us because we were looking at new homes and existing builder inventory so we had a giant moving truck full of stuff and a delivery truck waiting to install our washer and dryer and nowhere to put it for 3 days because of permits, papers, forms, etc.
I definitely hope you get it!
Post a Comment