8.11.2008

Barb demands a more interesting post, so here goes.
Currently Christopher is asleep on the couch while I continue to suffer from a week long headache that has magically migrated to the right side of my head, become a migraine and destroyed the vision in my right eye. I have spent the majority of the night vomiting the pain medicine the doctor gave me for this stubborn head pain. Believe it or not, this is actually preferable to the pain itself.

If one were to read mine and Katie's blogs, they may walk away with the false assumption that we are whiners. This is not true. We indeed, both have an incredibly high tolerance for pain, passed down from our father. We just happen to suffer alot more than others.

See, when Chris and I agreed to become parents, I thought I had prepared myself mentally. We tried to understand the consquences of becoming parents, the lifestyle changes, the challenges and blessings. His biggest concern was that I wouldn't be able to handle getting fat. I assured him I could handle it. Somewhere along the line I failed to realize the fact that being pregnant means having a GROWING, LIVING, HUMAN BEING, inside my stomach, a fact which hit me again as we listened to the heartbeart at the doctors today and yet again as I leaned over the toilet for the tenth time, throwing up Saltines of all things.
I seriously am amazed that the human race has continued to reproduce. I don't understand how women do it, as I live in a state of perputual panic attack at the reality of the fact that a parasite, albeit one that I will come to love very, very much, has taken up residence in my uterus and relies on my diet of mac &cheese for its nutrients. You can't blame me if blue box is all I can keep down. ... Please help me.

5 comments:

Katie I. said...

congratulations on your first real post. you are officially a 'blogger' and are now unable to make fun of those who 'blog' without being hypocritical.

ps.baby likes slurpees too.

Krista said...

Taylor three words "I Love You" You crake me up with your descriptivness. Also I love that you have a blog.

barb said...

Good Job Tay-a very descriptive blog and I do mean very!

Do continue to keep us informed on everything that is happening in your life, both inside and out!

Gosh, am I relieved to know I didn't raise whiners, just very sensative children. Whew!

Katie I. said...

If you dont start updating your blog, you are going to lose complete readership. You dont want that now.....do you?

Courtney M said...

haha I love it. Don't feel bad about the mac and cheese....all I could eat for like 3 weeks was Cup O Noodles. Yum.