I guess I took the risk when I first fell in love with a Texan boy. There's nothing quite like Texas pride. I never dreamed I'd actually live there, but at the same time I always knew I would. I guess when I imagined a future there, I envisioned retiring on a nice big ranch, with picturesque cows (tended to by someone else, of course) and a nice red barn with bunks for my grandchildren. Texas would be where we settled after a lifetime of living elsewhere. I didn't exactly picture this... moving with two kids to a rental home in a Dallas suburb, just the four of us, completely out of our element and alone.
But here we go.. quickly.
Chris was informed of the job a week and a half ago, "interviewed" over the phone on Tuesday, and was offered the position on Friday. He will give his two weeks first thing in the morning.We will start the long drive down to McKinney two weeks from Wednesday.
The opportunity is fantastic, and it is something that we have both agreed we just can't pass up on. But it is also the hardest thing I've ever done. My whole life, minus my years at BYU, had been lived within a ten mile radius of our current home. We leave behind my parents, who have filled the first years (and months) of my children's lives with so much love and attention. I have cried it out, and then cried it out again, and I am sure I will cry it out many, many times again. But tonight will be the last night I mourn for a while, cause I've got a house to move.
And if anyone wants to rent it, that would be nice too. :)
6 comments:
Congratulations and I'm sorry all at the same time! You will have so much fun in Dallas and I know it has to be hard to leave your family behind. You can do it, though. I promise. It's hard not living near family, but it also gives you a chance to have new adventures. Belive me, I know. And if you need to talk to someone that was in exactly your place, call my mom. Except she moved to Gilmer-not a city.
You'll love the McKinney area...my sister lives there...and I am only about 30 minutes away. Message me on facebook and I will give you my number...I would love to help out with kids while you are trying to unpack and get settled. There are so many young families in the McKinney/Frisco area...change is hard...especially when it comes on fast and unexpected...but TEXAS really is the greatest!!!
Taylor, I hope you'll give Texas a chance to grow on you, I know I did and I love it here now, I can't see myself anywhere else. Though your mom and family won't be within 10 miles of you, you do have family down here that can be there with in two hours time. Plus, you'll have wide open spaces for your kiddos to run around in when you visit Chris' parents AND you have great shopping, museums, children's museums, everything big city living offers within a twenty minute drive. McKinney is not the small town you might be envisioning, it's a booming, growing area with, as Ang said lots of young families. The church is GROWING in that area, I believe that McKinney is its own stake now. I know it won't be the same not having your mom nearby but FaceTime and SKYPE are great! Call if you need us!
that is so exciting! You guys were itching for an adventure and you got one!You're lucky to have parents that are can hop on a plane whenever to visit you. I was just telling David how i wanted to go to vegas but i've never been to texas!
I still can't believe this is actually happening!! I am praying that everything goes smoothly and that you'll love it to death :) It'll be an adjustment, but you are strong!!
Exciting for you guys Taylor! Chase is doing the job hunt right now and as much as we'd like to be in Vegas too, we could end up anywhere! Scary stuff, but I guess it's part of the adventure? ;)
Post a Comment