8.01.2011

Wow, I haven't posted in a very long time! Suffice it to say, a whole lot and a whole lot of nothing has been going on at the Leppert house. Claire is officially a big girl. We moved her into a full size bed a couple weeks ago, and it has honestly been the easiest transition ever. I've been hesitant to say anything, lest I jinx myself, but she stays in her bed all night and still takes her naps. If anything, her naps have gone from 3 hours to FOUR. This is not a "please envy me" blogging exaggeration-- she really takes four hour naps! It is pretty frustrating when Chris and I are anxious to get out of the house, and I would certainly rather her sleep in past 6:30 in the morning, but who am I to wake a sleeping (Claire) Bear? I figure she's in for some big life changes in a few weeks anyway, so I'll let her get her sleep while she can.

Speaking of which, I don't think I have blogged a single word about Baby #2. Baby boy is due September 22nd, and the seven weeks can't pass quickly enough, because I'm pretty much a beached whale. I'm fairly certain I'm about the size I was the day I went in to have Claire, so that's reassuring. Truth be told, I still find myself in shock that we will soon be a family of four, but I guess not finishing the nursery isn't going to make it any less of a reality. I think we've got a pack of newborn diapers left over from Claire somewhere so I figure I'll throw a few of her old blankets in the wash and we should be good to go :)
In all seriousness, we are very excited and Claire thinks she is excited as well. Today at the grocery store she yelled, "MOMMY THERE'S A BABY IN YOUR BELLY!" ::poke:: Yes, I know there is a baby in my belly, and I'm pretty sure everyone watching me waddle down the aisles of Wal-Mart knows too, but thanks for letting them know. It's a little humbling when I squat down to get something off the bottom rack and can't get back up. Chris is usually there to pick me up by the armpits, but today I managed it myself.

Speaking of Wal-Mart, that place is a zoo. I spent more time in line waiting to check out than I did shopping. Also, I think I am cursed to always get in line behind the person who does not have enough money to complete their purchase. Today a man one person in front of me checked out with TWO carts, BRIMMING to the top with groceries. And then, shockingly, he didn't have enough money. So there sat his TWO carts, BRIMMING to the top with bagged groceries, and he left. I don't know if he had any plans to return, but he didn't while I was there. I'm pretty sure this happens about half the time I go. Now, I'm sure I've found myself with a card before, but don't you think if you were going shopping for a year's worth of groceries you would check your wallet or credit card limit before you spent two hours doing so?

Of course, while the bagger was checking out this man, my sweet, very recently potty trained 2-year old, informs me she needs to go "tinkle." I'm not even sure how to handle this, because she doesn't like public restrooms, and their are few things more "public restroomy" than a Wal-Mart restroom, plus I have a cart full of groceries and I'm midway through a line that would rival Disneyland in July.  So I convince myself that since we have been several days with no accidents, she can hold it until we get home. And my sweet little angel did hold it, all through the next twenty minutes of checkout and all the way home. Of course, as I walk into the kitchen with groceries I see her sweet little bum, purple cupcake panties around her ankles, halfway to the potty (and conveniently on the edge of the tile and the carpet, but mostly on the carpet), yelling "UH OH mommy, I went pee pee in my big girl panties." This is what we call a motherhood fail. Obviously, you would think getting her to the potty would have been my first concern upon arriving home, but I am simply not that bright. Hopefully I will be better at it the second time around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh Tay! i love your updates! haha so funny! Wal Mart is always an adventure. .. I can't wait to see baby #2!!! and I love that Claire is so excited! Hope all is well :) Tim starts law school next week but I'm hoping to come down to Vegas sometime in August and hopefully see you guys! Oh, and stay out of that heat! :)