5.26.2010

Clairey, Clairey, quite contrary...



How does your garden grow?
(Currently: 1 zucchini, about 15 teeny tomatoes, lots of broccoli leaves, a pepper plant that should bloom any day now, and ONE really big carrot.)


Our yard has slowly been turning into a certain sixteen month old's dream yard. The concrete fairies came and poured her a bike path, a new patio, and new stairs to the front door. The topsoil that has been spread in preparation for sod is just full of things to discover, eat, and bring to mommy because wood chips are SO interesting!

I have this dream envisioned for my backyard, and I truly hope that we can make it happen. I have such fond memories of our backyard growing up. My dad had a huge garden (at least I thought it was huge, but we moved when I was eight), complete with grape vines, a pomegranate tree, apricots, and green apples. And then there were the toys: a swingset, monkey bars, a playhouse, a trampoline, a sandbox, a tether pole, and a swimming pool. I don't think we had any idea how lucky we were! We certainly won't be there any time soon, but for now, all Claire needs is a little dirt to dig in.

Perhaps we will start with the sandbox.





1 comment:

sam said...

Can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a new post. Claire is certainly growing. She's so precious. Chris is suppose to send some pics on the transformation of the back and front. Whatever happened to the strawberries? Maybe you can make zucchini bread. We have deer under the plum trees morning and night right now. They are enjoying a fruitful meal. Sam