8.19.2009

For our wedding, I registered and received all the expensive Williams-Sonoma "Goldtouch" Nonstick bakeware, also known as the "Burns-everything-it-touches" bakeware.I have replaced most of it with much cheaper aluminum bakeware that results in perfect cakes and cookies, and since I line everything in parchment, nothing ever sticks anyway. Well, in a moment of boredom earlier this week, I wandered into Williams-Sonoma and the shamelessly asked if I could return my useless pans... and SHE SAID YES. And so today Chris and I returned exactly 241.01 dollars worth of pans. Trashy? Yes. Amazing? Of course.

Then I realized I don't really want anything at Williams-Sonoma with my 241 dollars of store credit. I have spent the evening perusing their website, trying to get myself excited about using this credit. I have decided I don't need anything from there. I could buy a juicer, but it seems like something that costs 300 dollars should do more than just make juice... and that is how I discovered that I don't need a unitasker like juicer.


No, I need is a Vitamix. And I need one now. Like you, I have seen the Costco demonstration many a time, and always wondered who would spend so much on a blender. But this isn't just any blender. This sucker makes ice cream out of fruit and ice cubes. Soup of raw veggies. SCRAMBLED EGGS IN A BLENDER. It is a miracle machine, and someday, we will own it.

If you want to convince yourself you need a Vitamix, watch any of these 52 videos.

I'm going to start searching through the couch cushions for loose change.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

returning wedding gifts feels so good!

Kels said...

This totally cracks me up. It sounds like something I would do and Levi would be so embarassed to be with me doing it! But we had gotten a $90 waffle maker from there for our wedding and I think just last year finally finished off the gift card from returning it. Everything is just so expensive there! But if you are looking for something to buy, the SILPAT baking sheet thingy is my FAVE! Nothing sticks to it! It's like $24 or so...highly recommend it.

Katie I. said...

Um....remember when you told ME to get the gold pans?? Well, I have them. I hate them. And I sorta feel like you should return them. What do ya think?

With the money you get back, you can buy yourself a silpat or something of lesser value.