3.16.2009

some assorted pics

With the help of ridiculous combination of nursing, pumping, and bottled breastmilk, Claire has gained over a pound! She is finally fitting into her 0-3 outfits, and yesterday we got to dress her for our first Sunday in the new ward. She was adorable and well behaved, except when she burped like a man and the whole aisle turned to see where it came from. We are so proud.

She loves falling asleep on our bed while Chris and I are playing with her. Pretty much a surefire way to get her to sleep... apparently she is already discriminating about her mattress. She is not happy when we put her on that hard, flimsy, pack-n-play mattress at night.

Baby feet are cute. Except when baby sticks them in her dirty diaper every time I change it. Makes you think twice about kissing her adorable little toes...

Every night at about eleven pm, Claire's eyes snap open. It's like she knows. So, in the interest of loving and hands-off parenting, Chris and I squeeze the seahorse, which plays music for about ten minutes and keeps her entertained. The second the music ends, she starts crying. And thus, our nights consist of running back and forth approx. every ten minutes to squeeze the seahorse.
The other surefire way to get Claire to sleep is her carseat. She loves going for a ride and pretty much passes out as soon as she gets snapped in.

Being a mom is both harder and easier than I expected. It is the little things that prove the most difficult, like when I do manage to take a shower, I almost never manage to get my hair blowdried. On Friday I had to take her to the doctor down by Sunrise hospital (for those of you that don't know, this requires venturing across town, driving across the Strip, and navigating Maryland Parkway, one of the busiest streets in Las Vegas). By the end of the day, I seriously felt like I deserved Mother of the Year award because I managed all of the following:
getting her fed, pumping, getting her bathed and dressed, getting myself bathed and dressed, going to Moutainview to get her records, making it to her appt. (only ten minutes late), and getting home in one piece. I was honestly beaming I was so proud.

5 comments:

Katie I. said...

um only 2 of those pictures load....lame. but the ones that did were pretty cute. good job making a cute baby chris and taylor. will you make us one? we have been looking at being "foster parents"....did you know you get paid to do that!? hehe I found it on Craigslist! :)

Kathryn e. said...

She is so cute! I love that dress! I also am very proud of you...just thinking about driving down there gives me anxiety! Good Job Taylor!

Krista said...

You do deserve an award, maybe a hug and kiss from Chris. Good job on not crashing. Next on the list is mastering the grocery store. Thanks again for letting me come over.

Unknown said...

Taylor - seriously, I love reading about your adventures in mothering!! Congratulations Mother of the Year!

Katie I. said...

time for a new post!