9.28.2010

So I haven't been the best blogger in a while. Allow me to explain why...
Over this summer my computer suffered a great injury. While innocently residing under the bench seat in my dad's truck, I lowered the seat and subsequently crushed the LCD by throwing a 100 pound box of metal on top of the seat. So Chris bought me an HDMI cord that goes to another cord, that goes to the computer, and thus our television screen has become my computer monitor.

Before that, I was having some issues with my Macbook charger and battery. It would work fine if I was plugged into the wall, but the battery would not charge. I was happy to learn, about three days before the LCD injury, that this was simply my charger, because Krissy's charger worked on my computer. Unfortunately, after the LCD injury, I kept telling myself that since I had to stay plugged into the wall anyway, it didn't make any sense for me to invest another trillion dollars on a charger.

So here I sit, anytime I want to use the computer, paralyzed so I don't unplug either of my lifelines (which incidentally, have to be 'just right' and happen to unplug themselves about every two minutes.) Peep and the Big Wide World plays endlessly in the PIP in the lower left hand corner, and every time Penne or Claire demand any attention (how dare they detract from my internet time :) I lose my connection because one of the two cords is bound to get touched and kill my computer.

And that's why I haven't been the best blogger, and I'm sure that was the most boring post, you know, ever, but I hope you have a great mental visual of me sitting on my IKEA teddy bear chair, that my posterior does not fit on, trying to balance the cords just right, and throwing arms out at anyone who dares to step foot into my little bubble.

2 comments:

Courtney M said...

I just laughed out loud. Im so sad I didn't get to have dinner with you guys when you were here. Thanks for entertaining my husband :)

Tim and Audrey said...

hahah oh tay i love this! so funny :)