Another day passes that I am obsessed with every feature of my beautiful daughter. How her little wrists are so chubby that it looks like she has on a rubber band. How her eyelashes are longer than most adult women. How sweet her little belly button is and how amazing it is that she used to be connected to me--- to such an imperfect person with big feet and a gangly fingers.
I have such big dreams for her -- all 14 pounds 5 ounces of her. I hope she grows up to know how beautiful she is, how each and every inch of her body is a perfect gift from her Heavenly Father. I hope she never notices her crooked toes (that one of these toes is not like the other ones..), or how one ear sticks out and the other doesn't. Better yet, I hope she does notice them and loves them just like we do. These sweet little "imperfections" that prove what a miracle is manifest by her little body. I hope she never looks at a cookie and thinks, "That will go straight to my hips." Rather, I hope she dives into all the delicacies of life headfirst. (She's got a good start--- she hasn't meet a baby food she doesn't like yet.)
I hope she relishes education and learns early what she loves, what makes her happy, and how she can get the most joy out of life. But mostly, I pray, more than anything, that she will love herself. I've struggled with confidence issues my entire life, but since I have had Claire my whole outlook has changed. How much time have I wasted feeling uncomfortable? How many pictures have I missed out because I didn't like how I looked? How silly! I never want such a thought to cross her mind.
But I also hope she finds someone amazing to love her as well. I hope it is a far ways off... And this is where the post turns into a love letter to my husband. I look at Chris and realize how incredibly grateful I am for him. He is so good to me, so loving, so unbelievable. He bears his burden, and most of mine, with a smile. I never have to question his love for me. Every day, I feel adored. I think that makes me pretty lucky. And that is all I can ask for Claire--- that she will always know she is adored.
5 comments:
That was so sweet. I sat here and bawled my eyes out because I think those same things about Scarlett. Or I am just very hormonal and can't control myself these days....either way it was very sweet.
you are probably the best mom ever, just so you know.
Have I told you that I love every time you write about being a mother?
You seriously have a gift.
I tell Brad that every time you write about mothering, it makes me want to have kids.
I cried too...loved the post.
I have never read anything this touching about a mothers love for her baby and child. I have read it at least ten times and am touched and amazed every time! I am so pleased that you have found your perfect "place." Our lucky little Claire to have a Mom with such wisdom. I love you Chuggie.
Post a Comment